Sunday, June 9, 2013

Baby Bums and Daddy Time

Tomorrow is the day.
The day we will take a step that many parents before us have taken and quickly turned back.
The day I have been researching about and preparing for since I was 3 months pregnant.
The day that will determine how I will spend every day for the rest OF MY LIFE...at least until she's potty trained...
Tomorrow is the day we start cloth diapering.

Now...you would not believe how hard it is to find information on cloth diapering. I was so confused when I learned that there were liners, inserts, disposable, reusable, waterproof, nappys, all in one, covers, prefolds, etc. I said to myself, "WHAT IS ALL THIS?" I had no one to ask because barely anyone I knew had used cloth diapers, much less the fancy new fangled ones that we have today.
I found a few websites that helped me out, but it took me months to find them.
any moms looking for more information here are the links:
soeasybeinggreen
www.viewalongtheway.com
www.cottonbabies.com

I am steadily getting used to constantly having bodily fluids on me. Spit, pee, poop, spit up, breast milk, and whatever else. However, we are worried that these diapers won't be able to hold our daughters powerful poos. She has a tendency to have blow outs. She usually only has one poopy diaper a day, and when she does, she FILLS IT UP. I am also worried that I won't have enough liners or inserts. Of course, we will still have disposable diapers handy just incase we need them or for when we go somewhere. I suppose the whole experience will just be trial and error, so wish us luck.



For those of you who don't already know, Penny loves her Daddy Time. My husband works odd hours and doesn't have a set schedule, so it's hard for him to be around most of the time. He either needs to sleep for work or needs to go to work. Either way, Penny loves those precious few hours that she gets to spend with him. On the rare occasion that he is awake to feed her when she wakes up in the morning, she is all smiles and babbling. Tonight, he did almost her entire bedtime routine by himself, with just my company to help him. We both gave her a bath and he fed her. We Skyped with Uncle Josh and Aunt Leah for a while until she got tired. He took her in the nursery and read her the usual bedtime story


He then rocked her to sleep and put her in her crib without waking her up. For those of you who have never had to do that before, it is quite a feat.
Hopefully we can get on a better schedule so that Penny can have more Daddy Time and my husband can spend more of these precious moments with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment