Friday, June 21, 2013

Father's Day, Cloth Diapers, and TOO MUCH sleep?

I’ve been waiting to make this blog post simply because every time I sat down to write, I wanted to write about Father’s Day, and I couldn’t do that until FATHER’S DAY; after that, things got busy for a bit.

It was my husband's first Father’s Day, so I wanted to make it special.
I gave him a frame holding 3 pictures of our daughter holding the letters D, A, and D;


a video of Penny to the song “My Girl” by The Temptations;


a book called, “100 Reasons why Daughters need their Daddy;”


Three cards, one from me, one from Penny, and one from Milo;
AND of course, a coffee cup that says “World’s Greatest Dad.”


We also went to Adventure Landing and played mini golf and Dance Dance Revolution!

It was really nice and we had tons of fun.


Onto Cloth Diapers. 
I’ll admit, the first couple days, we were pretty baffled. I had no clue if I was doing anything right. I found a vlog on YouTube that pretty much explained everything to me, and I feel 99% more confident. I won’t say 100% because there is always that teeny tiny bit of doubt. Anyways, I feel really good about it.
The diapers we bought were Charlie Banana with button snaps. I think I am going to try and get some bumGenius next time with Velcro instead of buttons. I also want to try the Flip diapers and the Gpants. It will definitely have to wait until we get a little more money. As of right now, I’m having to do a load of laundry every day. If that’s what it takes, then I’ll do it.
I’m so excited right now. My husband doesn't understand why I’m getting so worked up over some diapers. Neither do I, honestly, but I feel like I’m finally doing something good and I’m doing it right. I really feel like being a mom is what I was meant to do.

Sleep has been the most confusing thing in my life lately.
Penny has been sleeping 6-8 hours every night. When she does and I sleep the entire time, I wake up with headaches. I don't know if my body isn't used to getting so much sleep anymore or what, but it's terrible to wake up to a crying baby and a headache.

When my husband works nights he doesn't get home until after 11. Our daughter usually goes to sleep around 8 or 9. The past few nights she has been staying awake until her daddy gets home. Even if I rock her to sleep, she wakes herself up every few minutes and if I lay down in the bed with her, she just screams and cries. When daddy gets home, she sits with him for a while and then passes out. It's kinda cute, except that between the hours of 9 and 11 I have to hold her and walk around or she gets pissed.

And this is where I will be ending this blog because my wonderful beautiful baby daughter just went down for a nap and I think I'll do the same. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment