Friday, February 7, 2014

For those of you that aren't aware...

I am terrible at keeping up with blogs, but I am going to actively pursue a more involved lifestyle. I am going to try my best to cut out the procrastination and be more productive every day; that includes writing in this blog if for no other reason than to document that I actually did something.

My daughter is now 10 months old. We have been cloth diapering for 8 months now and we are just now encountering our first big issue.

Yeast.

My daughter got sick, which led to an ear infection, which led to antibiotics, which led to a yeast infection, which led to a TERRIBLE diaper rash. Now she cries and scratches herself anytime we take her diaper off. I know it will help if we could just get her to leave her diaper off, but I suppose that makes it itch worse...?

My husband and I are currently living with his mother, stepfather, and two younger brothers. There are 7 of us in one house. Let me tell you, it gets pretty crazy around her sometimes.

Here's the rundown:
    • Dana: The Mother-In-Law/Gammy/Mom
      • Working mom who is just like any other mom: she just wants a clean house, some alone time, and a good nights sleep. 
      • All of these things are rare here if they even show up at all.
    • Allen: The Stepfather/Gampa/Father-In-Law
      • He is attending school for sleep studies; 
      • has a bad habit of falling asleep while studying.
    • Brandon: Teenager/Comedic Relief/Babysitter/Uncle
      • He plays video games 92% of the time; 
      • the other 8% consist of YouTube videos, babysitting Penny or Joshua, eating, or homework/school.
    • Joshua: Little Brother/Uncle
      • 6 year old who loves video games as much as his two older brothers; 
      • his curiosity knows NO BOUNDARIES. 
      • He loves to play with Penny.


Guys, trust me, you will read about each and every one of them.

My husband is currently working for a collection agency, which is ironic since we get so many collection calls. We are hoping to get rid of most of them with our income tax.

Here's a quick update on Penny:
She's still cute.
She's walking.
She says mama and dada.
She hates clothes.
She loves Pocoyo, Doc McStuffins, and The Fresh Beat Band.













No comments:

Post a Comment